I know things aren't always easy, and that the career you have selected is often one of the most rewarding and yet most all-consuming. Please know how much I empathize with you and appreciate you. I will try each day to do at least one thing to make your life better and support you in some way.
I wish for you...
- to have all the resources (tools, materials, thought-partnership, learning opportunities, time and space, in-building support...) that you need to be successful in your job each day.
- to have an exciting idea that you are passionate about pursuing in your classroom and your teaching practice, and that you feel supported and empowered to make this idea a reality.
- to find joy in the "small" things of the day - like a smile from a student, a funny joke you share with your class, a celebration with a kiddo about something new they learned or achieved, or a great planning session with a teammate.
- to find purpose in your days and to have at least one thing you look forward to every week.
- to have the elusive, guilt-free balance we never seem to capture but always start a year attempting to find.
- a personal life full of people who support and understand the work you do, and who give you a reason to put work aside and be present in the relationships and activities that fill your bucket and make you whole.
- to know, at all times, that the work you do is appreciated and that you are a respected, valuable professional.
- to feel trusted and empowered to do what you know is best for kids, and to feel safe enough and have places to go to reach out when you want help or guidance.
My beautiful students, I wish for you...
- a safe and fun place to go every day, where you feel valued and respected at all times.
- days chock full of learning and growing, not just academically but socially and emotionally.
- adults who model kindness, compassion, and excitement while challenging you to be the very best human you can be.
- opportunities to take ownership of your learning and follow your interests in a way that cultivates passion and honors who you are while pushing you to explore new things.
- an education system that prepares you to step into the world as a forever learner who contributes to making it a more wonderful place.
- to remember that I really do mean what I said at the end of each year when I sent you off after one last end-of-the-day hug with tears in my eyes - I am always your teacher and I am always here for you, no matter what.